Clicking on Threads and Ad Popping Up Instead

I have no idea if my laptop is in wide mode or not. Could someone please post a picture of where this "wide" button is. Yeah, I'm hopeless.

By the way, just trying to read this thread and type a response, I must have gotten 8 ads.
Scroll all the way down to bottom of page. On the lower left corner (blue band) is "Default". Click on that and the option for Wide is there.

I clicked in the lower left and looked for a way to go to "Wide" as suggested, and did not see anything (I do have the browser on full screen already).

If I'm understanding right, it doesn't have to do with your actual screen width. I think there are "preset layouts" (don't know what else to call them) on the website and the "wide view" is just what Corey uses as the "test bed"/stripped down layout.

I have no idea if my laptop is in wide mode or not. Could someone please post a picture of where this "wide" button is.

I just posted a thread "How to switch to Wide Mode" with some screenshots to help:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-to-switch-to-wide-mode.3947985/

This is really out of control. I don't see how people can read the DIS without an ad-blocker. I went into incognito mode again in Chrome to post on a thread and EVERY TIME I tried to scroll, I got hijacked. Three times it was some Norton BS and the 4th time it was "fabulouswardrobe.site" which disabled my back button.

This is really out of control. I don't see how people can read the DIS without an ad-blocker. I went into incognito mode again in Chrome to post on a thread and EVERY TIME I tried to scroll, I got hijacked. Three times it was some Norton BS and the 4th time it was "fabulouswardrobe.site" which disabled my back button.
I did the "wide" screen thing, and the ads have stopped. Have you tried it? But yes, at times it was every 20 seconds. You get ad, get back to disboards, find the thread you were looking at, get ad....and repeat, repeat , repeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter